This heritage building was part of the former Prince Henry Hospital in the eastern suburb of Little Bay. Originally known as the Coast Hospital, it had its origins managing patients with infectious diseases such as the smallpox outbreak in 1881, the bubonic plague in 1900 and the spanish flu pandemic in 1919. The Coast Hospital was renamed the Prince Henry Hospital in 1934 and operated until 2001. The Prince Henry site has since been sold and is being redeveloped for housing. The restored 1914 wards of the hospital now house the Nursing and Medical Museum and a Community Centre.