Monday 21 April 2014

Farrer Place, Taronga Wild! Rhinos

This painted rhino sculpture is located at Farrer Place, outside Governor Macquarie Tower. It is part of the "Taronga Wild! Rhinos" public art exhibition located around the city until the end of April to raise awareness and funds for Taronga Zoo’s Black Rhino breeding program and conservation projects. "Heavy Weight" was created by Marty Routledge, whose inspiration was representing the evolution of the various tribes and sub-tribes of the Rhinoceros.

13 comments:

  1. Just been watching a news item from Taronga Zoo about the Royal visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I saw that they visited the bilby enclosure on Easter Sunday.

      Delete
  2. That's a creative rhino. Intrigued by the fun words on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jim,

    This artist took the lazy way out. Not much art here. Thanks for sharing.

    I'm looking forward to reading your comment on my blue post. Please come back.

    Have a Happy Blue Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I saw these when I was over last week Jim.. I thought about you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess it's the most simple look of painted rhino sculpture that you've captured.
    www.1sthappyfamily.com/2014/04/kartini-day.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect for this spring's fashion colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Scientific names are probably not that interesting to the lay person, but the lettering must have taken a lot of skill.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This one looks like it's about a white rhino. haha. Love this series. Thanks for contributing to this week's Monday Mural.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave me a message. Jim.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...