Saturday 4 April 2015

Darlington, The Old School

The Old School is located along Maze Crescent and is part of the University of Sydney campus, in the inner city suburb of Darlington. It was originally the Darlington Public School designed by George Allan Mansfield and built in 1878 in the Gothic Revival architectural style. The building was transferred to the university in 1975 and renovated in 1978 for use by the Department of Music and as a theatre workshop. The view from the other side can be seen here.
Click here to view all participants of Weekend Reflections

16 comments:

  1. Nice picture, I like that The Old School!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Darlington Public School must have been very classy in 1878.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely architecture... very nice school as well as photo... At firrst I thought about the church...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the same thing the first time I saw it.

      Delete
    2. I thought the same thing the first time I saw it.

      Delete
  4. A lovely piece of architecture here Jim - thanks for sharing. Happy Easter

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that beautiful old building. So charming.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe it was used as a church as well as a school. Like the reflection in that window.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The style is really beautiful, and it does remind me of a church.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Quite a lot of charm in this appearance of this old school... nice to see arches at windows, in the late gothic style like in many of the photo instants shared by you in the lovely series of old buildings!! and very well preserved...
    Have a happy Sunday of Easter!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave me a message. Jim.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...