Wednesday 6 May 2015

Barangaroo, The SubWharfyen

The SubWharfyen is a sculpture located on the end of piers 8 & 9 of Sydney Wharf, in the inner city suburb of Pyrmont. This stainless steel sculpture, created by Braddon Snape in 2008, depicts the relationship between people and the sea. Looking across Darling Harbour towards the Sydney skyline is Barangaroo, an area which is currently being redeveloped. This photo was taken when redevelopment work just began and it is currently still being transformed with many new high rise buildings under construction.

12 comments:

  1. It stands out quite well against the skyline. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun to see a transformation of a place that needs a face lift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so thought before I scroll down this sculpture is floating on the water. Love it!

    Thank you in linking Water World Wednesday. I do appreciate it and see you next week!
    Kim,USA

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO cool!
    Thanks for linking up at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2015/05/the-bubble-man.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. 'Thats a good' article, i usually amazed with' this thing, i asked myself about this opinion, I wish You'll a better articles that can make another people impressive..don't make the article feel rigit and isn't interesting and poor, i like to read this' article and i think this is "good".thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave me a message. Jim.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...