Wednesday 17 August 2016

McMahons Point, Sydney Harbour Bridge

This ferry makes its way across Lavender Bay towards the MacMahons Point ferry wharf, viewed from a private wharf in the north shore suburb of McMahons Point. The Alexander is a First Fleet Class ferry acquired in 1985 and is part of the fleet that operates on the Inner Harbour. It was named Alexander, after the one of eleven ships of the First Fleet that sailed to Australia in 1787. The Sydney Harbour Bridge and Sydney Opera House provide an iconic backdrop.

I'm going on holidays for the next few weeks so I'll be taking a break from posting until mid-September.

21 comments:

  1. I like these old bridges. We're sailing in and out of Sydney in November and December, so I will take the time to have a good look at your old posts with a city map alongside. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I watch ads or films on tv, I always try to guess where in Australia the footage came from. But once you see the iconic Harbour Bridge, any lingering doubt disappears in a heart beat!

      Delete
  2. Your excellent timing produced a beautiful composition!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The water is so blue - love this shot!
    Thanks for sharing at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2016/08/sweetheart-in-sepia.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. A bridge with charm.... A pretty capture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will miss you, but you have a wonderful time and take lots of pictures. Everyone needs a vacation and a bit of a break from blogging. But yu still need to take your camera with you, If you leave it at home, you will end u kicking yourself. It has happened to me. Happy Travels. genie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for leaving me with a view of my favourite bridge Jim.. hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great view of ferry, Opera House and bridge icon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jim, I hope you saw the post on the CDP portal honoring your ten years. http://dailyphotoportalnews.blogspot.com/2016/09/a-ten-year-anniversary-is-approaching.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't seen that, Jack. Thanks for letting me know. I'd forgotten about the anniversary too.

      Delete
  9. Those ferry boats are classic.

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave me a message. Jim.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...