Monday, 28 September 2026

Redfern, bollard, art


These are some of the bollards located outside the entrance to Redfern railway station, along Marian Street in the inner city suburb of Redfern. This entrance and the southern concourse opened in 2024. The bollards feature custom artwork by local Aboriginal children of Redfern, designed during community workshops. 
The message reads: Created on Gadigal Country, these artworks showcase the talent and creativity of local Aboriginal children of Redfern. In their designs, the children have reflected on what Redfern means to them, their home, their family and their shared stories and culture. Artworks created December 2023. 

10 comments:

  1. What is written above the bollards? It’s about the children artists? I believe it’s a nice way to show Art.
    Thank you for sharing at MosaicMonday.
    Greetings by Heidrun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's exactly what it is. I'll add the message to my post.

      Delete
  2. Nice artwork. Thanks for participating in Monday Murals Jim.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!!!!
    Have a happy new week
    I am on the linky
    HERE

    Much love

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bollard art! So cool. I've never seen any bollards in my city get the artistic treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful. Such talent.

    Thank you for joining the Awww Mondays Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Awww Monday and week. ☺

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave me a message. Jim.