Tuesday 16 August 2016

Barangaroo, Sculpture at Barangaroo

"Sculpture at Barangaroo" is a temporary exhibition from 6 August until 21 August 2016 in Barangaroo Reserve, in the inner city suburb of Barangaroo. "The Grove" was created by Margarita Sampson in 2014 and originally displayed at Marks Park in Tamaramaas part of "Sculpture by the Sea". The two pieces in this work are part of series exploring our vanishing relationship with nature, shelter and community. Each work resembles a pod, fruit, dwelling or tree with branches and antlers extending from the top.

25 comments:

  1. interesting sculptures. I like when art is displayed outdoors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an interesting structure. Great capture :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought those were the most unusual palm trees I'd ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like these sculptures. Most of the time, I don't like what is called 'art'.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these sculptures! Also because they look indigenous to Australia. Great find!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can see the meaning behind the sculptures. They are very thought provoking.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting art and important theme. I wonder why the antlers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A good question. I see that they have actually been emphasised with the latest version of the sculpture.

      Delete
  8. Really neat. Always interesting to know/see an artists interpretation.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am loving this art exhibit... was the fireplace from the same exhibit? Great capture, very interesting piece.

    Lisa @ LTTL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, yes the fireplace was part of the same exhibition.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave me a message. Jim.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...