This monument is located in Sydenham Green, a recreation area which has been created around Railway Road, in the inner west suburb of Sydneham. The memorial was built in 2019 on the site of what was the first Coptic Orthodox Church in Australia. It consists of polished concrete arches joined by a stainless-steel Coptic Cross as the centerpiece. The colourful aluminum discs in the archway are representative of heaven and feature the Coptic colours. The former church was originally built in 1884 as the Tempe Park Methodist Church and in 1968 became the St Mary and St Mina Coptic Orthodox Church. It was demolished in 2017 under the pretext that the building had become life-threatening in the wake of a fire. The foundation plaques from the original church have been installed beside it.
Linked to: Shadow Shot Sunday, InSPIREd Sunday.