This artistic upcycled bicycle Christmas Tree is located outside Marrickville Metro shopping centre, along Smidmore Street in the inner west suburb of Marrickville. The colourful fixture features spraypainted old bikes which have been assembled into a Christmas Tree. The awnings feature the names of the cafes and restaurants here.
"The Lights of Christmas" is an annual light projection show on the façade of St Mary's Cathedral, this year from 9th December until Christmas night 25th December. This is part of an animation of the nativity story.
"The Lights of Christmas" is an annual light projection show on the façade of St Mary's Cathedral, this year from 9th December until Christmas night 25th December. This view is from Cathedral Square, beside Cook and Philip Park. Merry Christmas!
This former warehouse is located along Devonshire Street, in the inner city suburb of Surry Hills. It was originally built around 1950 as a two level mechanic garage and later converted to a printing warehouse. It was refurbished in 2020 and converted into a creative commercial office warehouse space but the ghost signremains on the facade for the "Return to Nature Warehouse".
This mural is on the side of a shop along Crown Street, in the inner city suburb of Surry Hills. The terrace house is set back from the street so the mural is along the whole front yard. It recreates a detail of "The Garden of Earthly Delights", the modern title given to a triptych oil painting on oak panel painted by the Netherlandish master Hieronymus Bosch, between 1490 and 1510. It has been housed in the Museo del Prado in Madrid, Spain since 1939.
The Society of Friends Meeting House is located along Devonshire Street, in the inner city suburb of Surry Hills. This heritage listed building was designed by architect Alfred Allen Junior, who was a member of the Society, and built in 1903 in the Federation Free Classical style. The Religious Society of Friends is a group with Christian roots that began in England in the 1650s with members called "Friends" or "Quakers". Linked to: Shadow Shot Sunday, InSPIREd Sunday.
This gateway sign is located in Cahill Park beside the Cooks River, in the southern suburb of Wolli Creek. The City of Rockdale local government area merged with the City of Botany Bay in 2016, to form the Bayside Council. The logo features a boat and the sign emulates a boat sail, The sign also includes an acknowledgement of the traditional owners of the land, the Bidjigal. Wolli Creek flows into Cooks River which flows into Botany Bay. Linked to: Signs, Signs,Thankful Thursday.
This mural is on the side of this bakery and cake shop on the corner of Bourke Street and Devonshire Street, in the inner city suburb of Surry Hills. Bourke Street Bakery opened in 2004 and has now successfully expanded to twelve locations in Sydney. In 2019, they also opened Bourke Street Bakery NYC, a bakery cafe in New York City.
Sydney Olympic Park ferry wharf is located along the Parramatta River, in the western suburb of Wentworth Point. The original ferry wharf opened in 1997 to service the Sydney Olympic Park precinct for the 2000 Summer Olympics. This pontoon extension was built in 2015. Sydney RiverCats are a class of catamarans operated by Sydney Ferries on the Parramatta River, which provide a regular service here from Circular Quay to Parramatta.
An entrance to Lady Robinsons Beach from Cook Park, near a rock groyne in Botany Bay, in the southern suburb of Ramsgate Beach. Ramsgate Beach is located 16 kilometres south of the Sydney central business district, which can be seen in the distance. Ramsgate Baths can be seen close by on the left, with Port Botany on the right. Linked to: Signs, Signs, Thankful Thursday.
This children's playground is located in the middle of Shannon Reserve, along Crown Street, in the inner city suburb of Surry Hills. The chimney stack rises above a former industrial building now converted to apartments.
St John's Catholic Primary School is located on the corner of Alice Street and Queen Street, in the western suburb of Auburn. The original Catholic Church was built on this site in 1893 but later demolished to build this school. The Alphonsus Memorial Building was built in 1930 in the Inter War style.