Monday 20 December 2021

Surry Hills, mural

This mural is on the side of a shop along Crown Street, in the inner city suburb of Surry Hills. The terrace house is set back from the street so the mural is along the whole front yard. It recreates a detail of "The Garden of Earthly Delights", the modern title given to a triptych oil painting on oak panel painted by the Netherlandish master Hieronymus Bosch, between 1490 and 1510. It has been housed in the Museo del Prado in Madrid, Spain since 1939.

13 comments:

  1. Amazing to see a tiny detail from the Bosch painting blown up to such a size. Seeing it in the Prado really is amazing because of all the detail. Almost microscopic.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's interesting how a mural like this can draw our attention and inform us about a famous artwork.

      Delete
  2. Great mural at the entrance of the house. I like the colourful steps too :)
    Thanks for participating in Monday Murals Jim.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting mural! And oh, the steps are "cute".

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm running late because I was having problems leaving comments on Sunday. I was given a copy of the Bosch triptych for my birthday this year and I recognized it immediately. Wonderful mural.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to hear more about how famous this artwork is.

      Delete
  5. Wow ! That looks a piece of fine artifact. Thanks for joining in Garden Affair.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave me a message. Jim.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...