The railway bridge over the Cooks River links the inner west suburb of Tempe to the southern suburb of Wolli Creek, where the apartment buildings stand. This view is from parkland near Tempe Velodrome.
Comrie Memorial Fountain is located along Federation Way, in the eastern suburb of Moore Park. The drinking fountain was located near St James Church at Queens Square and was originally erected in 1903 as a gift from Mrs Sophia Louisa Comrie, It was designed to be used by humans, horses and dogs. In 1934 it was moved to Drivers Road in Moore Park, where it stood until falling into disrepair and dismantled in 1995. It was reconstructed in 2011, close to the Robertson Road Gates entrance of Centennial Park.
This view of Allawah railway station platforms is from the footbridge leading to the concourse, in the southern suburb of Allawah. It is serviced by the T4 Eastern Suburbs & Illawarra Line. This station opened in 1925 when the Illawarra Line was duplicated. The train departing the station is an Oscar (outer suburban car) which provides services from Sydney Central to Kiama.
This mural is painted on the side of a house, beside the car park along Lennox Street, in the inner city suburb of Newtown. The Devine Within was created in 2016 by Alex Lehours, a Sydney-based illustrator, artist and designer. It explores the contrast between opposing elements. Man and nature, fiction and non-fiction, black and white as well as the past and present. In a dark and chaotic world like the one we live in it is important to recognise the beauty and harmonious balance that can be found between all things that are different.
The Harvest Church of Christ is located along Bryant Street, in the southern suburb of Rockdale. It was formerly the Rockdale Community Church of Christ before it became an Indonesian church in 2011. I posted a photo of the old church and its signage here.
The Gardener's Cottage is located off Fig Tree Road in Nielsen Park, in the eastern suburb of Vaucluse. This heritage listed sandstone cottage was built in the Victorian Gothic Revival Style for the gardener of the nearby Greycliffe House, built in 1851.
This is part of a mural painted on the side wall of a supermarket, beside the car park along Lennox Street, in the inner city suburb of Newtown. Women’s Honour was created in 2020 by Brad Robson, a Sydney-based contemporary painter and street artist. The notable women from the local area were chosen by peers to celebrate empowerment, equality, social justice and inclusion.
A view of the Cooks River from Unwins Bridge which carries Bayview Avenue over the river, linking the inner west suburbs of Tempe and Undercliffe. The railway bridge in the distance links Tempe with the southern suburb of Wolli Creek where the apartment buildings stand.
This Norfolk Island Pine is located on the edge of Cook Park, overlooking Lady Robinsons Beach, in the southern suburb of Dolls Point. The clouds were rolling in from Botany Bay to threaten the sunny day.
Tempe railway stationwas built in 1884 and is located in the inner west suburb of Tempe. This station was once a junction of the Illawarra and East Hills railway lines but is now only served by Sydney Trains T4 Illawarra line.
This mural is on the side of Cafe Nowa, a Nepalese restaurant on the corner of Crystal Street and Frederick Street, in the inner west suburb of Petersham. It was created by graffiti artist Kuya Jon in 2019.
The Freedom Obelisk is located in Centenary Park, in the Eastern Suburbs Memorial Park cemetery, in the eastern suburb of Matraville. The four plaques read: Freedom is the legacy, Freedom to worship; Freedom to enjoy this land - its beauty; Freedom to walk, to sit, to think; Freedom to play, to laugh, to run.
The Eastern Avenue pedestrian mall is a walkway in the University of Sydney which leads to the City Road entrance of the campus, in the inner city suburb of Camperdown. It looks quite deserted right now during the coronavirus lockdown.
The Main Building is part of the Quadrangle Group of buildings on the University of Sydney campus, in the inner city suburb of Camperdown. It was designed by Edmund Blacket and James Barnetand built c.1854 in the Victorian Academic Gothic architectural style. The main entrance and clock is viewed from the opposite end of the Quadrangle.
These taxis are in the car park of the Robyn Webster Sports Centre, located in Tempe Reserve, in the inner west suburb of Tempe. Dozens of unneeded taxis stripped of their number plates have been grounded as business has taken a hit during the coronavirus lockdown. The Aboriginal mural painted on the outside of the building is called 'Gift Given' and was created by Bronwyn Bancroft.
This mural on the wall of a residential property is viewed from Camperdown Memorial Rest Park, in the inner city suburb of Newtown. Wyrd Sisters was created in 2017 by Steven Nuttall, aka the graffiti artist Ox King and sprawls across the entirety of the back boundary wall of a property along Australia Street. The characters reference the three witches from Macbeth and reflect the weird characters, animals and plants seen around the park.
All Souls Chapel is an Anglican church in Rookwood Necropolis in the western suburb of Rookwood. It was built in 1926 in the art deco architectural style as a gift from Andrew and Annie Eliza Sinclair. The couple was buried directly behind the church with this double monument in marble and sandstone dedicated to them.
Unwins Bridge carries Bayview Avenue over the Cooks River linking the inner west suburbs of Tempe and Undercliffe. This 5-span steel beam bridge was designed by John A McDonald and completed in 1891. This view from Mackey Park in Marrickville extends to the apartment buildings in the southern suburb of Wolli Creek. A family is seen here in canoes heading to the nearby River Canoe Club of New South Wales.
The facades of these heritage buildings are located along Pitt Street Mall. The former Bank of New South Wales was designed by G.A. Mansfield and built in 1893 in the Victorian style. It was later part of the facade for the Skygarden shopping centre before redeveloped and incorporated into Sydney Westfield shopping centre. The commercial building on the left was built in 1903 in the Federation Free Classical style with Victorian influences. It now provides and entrance to a long escalator which rises to the fifth level food court in the Westfield shopping centre. Phoenix Chambers or the former Soul Pattinson Chemist is the building partially seen on the far left designed by Mansfield Bros and built in 1886 in the Victorian Italianate style. The rent per square metre for Pitt Street Mall is ranked seventh among the world's most expensive retail strips. The shops are temporarily closed and the pedestrian mall is deserted due to the corona virus.