Thursday, 17 September 2026

Balmain, house

 This heritage listed two storey commercial building is located along Beattie Street, in the inner west suburb of Balmain. It was built in 1910 for iron monger Alex Smith Ltd but is now used as a residence.

8 comments:

  1. I love commercial buildings built during the Edwardian era and this one has been looked after very well. Do the two side doors go directly upstairs?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think they would have originally been the entrances to the flats upstairs but they are fixed windows now. I spoke to the owner when I was taking the photo and she had exited from the entrance in the middle.

      Delete
  2. I like the look of this building. And it looks to be in good shape. Thank you for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Jim. Thank you for sharing at You Name It. The thumbnail is the link. The next You Name It will show the title with the thumbnail. Stop by tomorrow when the new party is open!
    All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never meant to post anonymously in my prior comment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoy learning about historic buildings. This one looks very well-maintained and reminds me of the early buildings of the American west. Visiting from You Name It today.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave me a message. Jim.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...