The Palisade Hotel is a historic hotel on the corner of Dalgety Road and Bettington Street, in the inner city suburb of Millers Point. The Palisade Hotel was designed by Henry Deane Walsh in the Federation Free Style and built in 1912, replacing an earlier hotel of the same name. The name came from the palisade fence built between Munn Street and Bettington Street. It overlooks the wharves in Walsh Bay and is close to many old warehouses in this area, so was popular with wharfies and labourers who worked in the area. The pub and hotel closed about a year ago for restoration work but the work has yet to be begin and the pub remains boarded up.