This war memorial is located in Pemberton Reserve, in the southern suburb of Sans Souci. The marble statue of an Australian soldier was originally dedicated on 24 August 1919 atop an elaborate monument at the Wolli Creek Tram Depot in Tempe. In 1970, it was given to the Kyeemagh RSL Club and painted to cover damage inflicted by vandals. In 2002, the paint was removed to reveal its original appearance and the statue was restored. It was mounted on the sandstone pedestal which features a decorative plaque with a laurel wreath surrounding an eternal flame and the inscribed words 'Lest We Forget, For the Fallen'. Following the closure of the club, the Ramsgate RSL Club became its custodian and in 2021 relocated it to the adjoining park.