Monday, 31 August 2026

Cronulla, car park, art


This artwork is on the wall of a stair well of the roof top car park along Croydon Street, in the southern suburb of Cronulla. It was created by street artist Cameron Marbus aka Emors in 2019 as part of the Walk the Walls Street Art Festival where established and emerging street artists were recruited to paint murals, as part of a large crime prevention program to stop graffiti and vandalism.
Linked to: Monday Mural, Mosaic Monday, Aww Mondays.

9 comments:

  1. What a big eye! Thanks for participating in Monday Murals Jim.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually love that this mural came from something as ordinary as a car park stairwell, because those are exactly the kind of places you can walk past without ever thinking twice, yet someone has turned the space into something worth stopping for. I also like the story behind it being part of a crime prevention project rather than art simply being put up for decoration, because it shows how much difference a neglected space can make when someone gives it a bit of care and imagination. I’ve noticed the same thing when visiting different places around Scotland, where a little piece of art tucked away somewhere unexpected can completely change how you see the area. It makes me wonder how many more ordinary walls around Cronulla have stories like this waiting to be noticed. I’ve also shared a new post on my blog, so I’ll be over there writing about another little place I’ve discovered.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Melody. I have featured a few of others from the Cronulla car park which you could see by clicking on the Cronulla label.

      Delete
  3. A beautiful mural. It looks pretty simple, but if you tried it yourself... you’d realize how difficult this design is. And on top of that, it’s a mural with a clear purpose. Very good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is really unusual and I do hope it does not get tagged!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your murals and if they prevent tagging it's even better. Beautiful.

    Thank you for joining the Awww Mondays Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Awww Monday and week. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely mural, that eye is spot on
    Happy Monday
    I am 18 on the linky

    Much love

    ReplyDelete
  7. A carpark with a greatful mural. My first thought with the eye was: Big Brother Is Watching You... 😁👍
    Thank you for sharing at MosaicMonday

    Greetings by Heidrun

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave me a message. Jim.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...