Monday 20 March 2023

St Peters, mural

This is part of a mural called "The Spirit of St Peters" which is on the side of an industrial building on the corner of Princes Highway and Campbell Road, in the inner west suburb of St Peters. It was designed and hand-painted by street artist Alex Lehours in 2022. The mural celebrates two local businesses that occupied this building in the past. This half of the mural features City Star Motors (30 years) and the other half features Antoniou Fillo Pastry (60 years).

10 comments:

  1. Another nice half of the mural. I like the variety of cars painted in the mural. Thanks for participating in Monday Murals Jim.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful. i like this hyperrealist fresco.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a charming mural. I like the tractor, but I LOVE the old cars and truck. They don't make them like that anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very useful post and I think it is rather easy to see from the other comments as well that this post is well written and useful. I bookmarked this blog a while ago because of the useful content and I am never being disappointed. Keep up the good work..
    granny flat designs Sydney

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun mural with both ads and vehicles from the 1930s up to the 1950s

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Great mural - perhaps the artist could correct the Roman numerals? I do not mean this in a mean way - I genuinely hope he can fix it to save embarrassment. 1944 in Roman numerals is MCMXLIV

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave me a message. Jim.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...