Tuesday, 4 August 2026

Barangaroo, art


This art installation hangs above Mercantile Walk in Barangaroo. "Upside-Down Garden" was created by Indonesian Australian artist Jumaadi in 2025. The artwork is activated with a soundscape and lighting program developed with musician and composer Michael Toisuta which changes at dawn, midday, dusk and midnight. It features entwined woman's hair, an outstretched arm overgrown by vines, an exotic pineapple, a birdman carrying the landscape, a tree inside a wedding gown, a foot print and a foot seat.

10 comments:

  1. wow - looks fascinating. Have a great week. I am joining you at Mosaic Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...keep looking up and enjoy the wonderful art!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fascinating art work ~ very unique ~ Thanks Jim ~ Hugs ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it. An upside down garden. Beautiful colors.

    Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Happy Tuesday. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to pop by and see what this was. I've not seen it before! #TravelTueday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's quite strange. I'm not convinced it should be a permanent artwork.

      Delete
    2. I like it in the picture. I will need to check it out in real life to see, #GardenAffair

      Delete
  6. Nice one enlarged gives a better view
    I am at 14 on the linky
    Happy Tuesday

    Much love

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave me a message. Jim.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...