Ramsgate Baths are in the southern suburb of Ramsgate Beach. These timbers and bars are all that remain of the original Ramsgate Baths that were constructed in 1950 and demolished in 1973. A larger enclosure, incorporated the southern side of the original baths in 1975. Most of it was replaced in 1999 by a floating net structure, consisting of plastic tubes and mesh netting, weighed down by chains. This part of Botany Bay has been used for public sea-water bathing since 1930.