St Johns Anglican Church is located along Darlinghurst Road, in the inner city suburb of Darlinghurst. This sandstone church was designed by J.F. Hilly in the Gothic Revival style and built in 1858. The noted architect, Edmund Blacket, designed later additions such as the north and south transepts, spire and chancel. The square tower and pinnacled spire of this heritage listed building still dominates the sky in the suburb.