The sculpture is part of The Children’s Fountain otherwise known as The Tank Stream Fountain in Herald Square, on the corner of George Street and Alfred Street near Circular Quay. The bronze fountain was created by Stephen Walker and presented to the City of Sydney in 1981 to commemorate the 150th anniversary of the founding of the Sydney Morning Herald newspaper in 1831. It features flora and fauna including frogs, snakes, goannas and tortoises. A plaque set into the ground reads: “The Children’s Fountain - Dedicated to all the children who have played around the Tank Stream. Presented by John Fairfax & Sons Limited, 1981″.