"Wireless House" is an art installation located in Foley Park, on the corner of Glebe Point Road and Bridge Road, in the inner city suburb of Glebe. This small brick building was built in 1934 to provide radio broadcasts for the local community. A wireless set donated by a department store, operated in Wireless House so that local people who could not afford to buy radios could sit in the park and listen to daily radio programs, up until the early 1950s. In 2009, the site became City of Sydney's first outdoor internet hotspot, providing free internet access to visitors to the park. Visitors are taken to a website which features Glebe's history, oral histories and archival sound materials. It was created by sound artist Nigel Helyer in partnership with the National Film and Sound Archive. The Web shaped, laser cut aluminium grills on the exterior of the building are a visual reference to its updated function and modelled on the radiation patterns of radio antennae.