The former Gladesville Mental Hospital was a psychiatric hospital along Victoria Road, in the lower north shore suburb of Gladesville. It was originally known as Tarban Creek Lunatic Asylum. This heritage listed sandstone building was built close to the Punt Road entrance around 1874 as a store for the hospital. A new main entrance to the hospital was formed along Punt Road in 1874 and a Gate House (Item 28) constructed. The boiler house and chimney stand beside it.