The former Gladesville Mental Hospital was a psychiatric hospital along Victoria Road, in the lower north shore suburb of Gladesville. It was originally known as Tarban Creek Lunatic Asylum. This heritage listed sandstone building (item 30) was built close to the Punt Road entrance around 1874 as a store for the hospital. Barnet's stores and workshops were converted into an administration block in 1910. It was amalgamated with the Macquarie Hospital at North Ryde in 1993 and all inpatient services were consolidated there in 1997. This building is now used by Giant Steps, a school specifically for children with autism.