St Joseph's Hospital is located on the corner of Alice Street and Normanby Road, in the western suburb of Auburn. This heritage listed building was originally 'Duncraggan Hall', a residence designed by Harry Kent and built in 1876 in the Victorian Italianate style. The estate was sold to the Sisters of Charity in 1892 and became 'St. Josephs Sanitorium for Consumptives'. In 1903, 'St Josephs Hospital Two' was constructed on the land and the nuns occupied the building as their convent. It is now part of St Vincent’s Care Services.