The former St Brigid's Monastery stands behind St Brigid's Catholic Church, on the corner of Marrickville Road and Livingstone Road, in the inner west suburb of Marrickville. The Passionists came from England and Ireland in 1887. They purchased property here in 1915 which consisted of a two storey residence and farmlands. The Monastery was built around the original building in the following years and St Brigid’s Church was opened in 1921. The former monastery is now an administration building for the church and schools.