Thursday 10 February 2022

George Street, Lunar Lanterns, Tiger

 
Lunar Lanterns have been installed around the city to celebrate the Sydney Lunar New Year Festival. This year is the Year of the Tiger in the Chinese zodiac. The City of Sydney invited young talent to create the artwork with a design competition. The colourful artworks of six designs are featured on street banners, bus shelters and billboards. This is one of two designs which have also been transformed into lunar lanterns and installed at the front of Sydney Town Hall along George Street. The zodiac symbol of the Tiger can be characterised as enthusiastic, courageous, ambitious and a born leader.

6 comments:

  1. I like that. I'm hoping this year of the Tiger is going to be good for this Pig.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this lantern and a great way to honor the Lunar New Year. Thank you for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These lanterns are so stunning! Thanks so much for sharing and for my linking up with #MySundaySnapshot.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave me a message. Jim.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...