The L.E. King Building, built in the Victorian style, is located along Birrell Street in the eastern suburb of Waverley. It is part of the Uniting War Memorial Hospital campus and now houses the Royal Institute for Deaf and Blind Children. The original hospital building was the former home of the Vickery family who gifted the home and grounds to the Methodist Church for use as a private hospital in 1919. The church added to the site by acquiring adjacent properties. In 1977, the Methodist Church became part of the Uniting Church of Australia.