Thursday 17 January 2013

Cronulla, Wanda Beach, tower

This lifesaver's tower is at Wanda Beach, the northernmost patrolled beach in the southern suburb of Cronulla. I posted a similar photo just a couple of weeks back at the same spot here. On this return visit, I was struck by the contrast and not just because the tower was open for business. It's amazing what a difference the weather makes on the sky and ocean, as well as the light at different times of day. I think these also fit in well with the City Daily Photo theme: Festival of the Belly Button, which requires some reflective introspection.

16 comments:

  1. That's quite a huge difference Jim, it does amaze me also sometimes when I download images, some can be used as is without any touching up, and yet at other times they just look totally washed out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Light has a big influence. Wonderful summer picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful colours of summer ... Please have a good Thursday.

    daily athens photo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Although the first one shows the tower open for business, I like the second one because you captured a bird in the background! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was actually a kite used for kitesurfing, out on the ocean.

      Delete
  5. how are you keeping cool? ( pun) I even wore my sarong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just had a cool and refreshing orange, pineapple and lime juice from my local juice bar. :)

      Delete
  6. Great !
    It remember me MONET's work who paint same landscape and subjects at different time of day and year...
    Best regards from Paris,

    Pierre

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is so much more depth of colour to the top image Jim. What a difference the time of day can make.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are like one of those spot the differences ... find the six things that are different ... colour of the sky, tire mark in the sand, ladder at the pavillion, kite surfer ...

    ReplyDelete
  9. to see a beach while here is snowing and raining is really nice ! lucky people !

    ReplyDelete
  10. As I look at this it is below freezing and snowing....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave me a message. Jim.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...