Thursday 19 February 2009

Chiswick, shops

A traditional corner shop in the inner western suburb of Chiswick (top). This business operated from 1928 and was attached to the shopkeeper's residence. The building has been used as a museum after being restored in recent years, including handpainted reproduced advertisements of the original time on the wall outside. The Chiswick shopping centre (bottom) is located just up the road with a distinctive decorative roof from the 1960s, in front of a rather unattractive block of flats from that era.

2 comments:

  1. Very interesting. Yes I think those brick blocks ugly too, so drab. I wonder what sort of architect would build something like that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent Blog Post !!!

    I like this site and have found good value. I plan to check back often.

    Have a great day!


    credit repair blog,

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave me a message. Jim.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...