This heritage listed building is a former electricity power station, mining museum and chemical laboratory, located between George Street and Hickson Road at The Rocks. This view is from the Hickson Road side, with the walkway to the Sydney Harbour Bridge seen on the right. It was designed by the Government Architect, Walter Liberty Vernon in the Federation Warehouse style with Romanesque and Art Nouveau detailing. The electricity power station and workshops were constructed in the lower part of the building by 1902 with the mining museum, chemical laboratories and octagonal chimney stack in the upper levels of the building constructed by 1909. It became known as the Earth Exchange in 1990 but since 1996 it has been fitted out for office space.