The Commonwealth Trading Bank Building and the General Post Office are located along Martin Place. The Commonwealth Trading Bank Building, also known as the Commonwealth Bank Building, is on the corner of Pitt Street and Martin Place. It was designed by John Kirkpatrick, combining Grecian Doric and Art Deco architectural styles and built in 1916. The building was expanded with extensions designed by E.H. Henderson and F. Hill between 1929 and 1933 and an annex was constructed in 1967. In 2015, this 1960s extension was rebuilt and much of the 1916 building with 1930s extension was stripped out and refurbished. The General Post Office (GPO) building is located at 1 Martin Place, between George Street and Pitt Street. It was constructed in stages from 1864 to 1891, designed by colonial architect James Barnet in the Victorian Free Classical style. This view is from the top of the State Savings Bank building in Martin Place, looking west.