The Hunters Hill Theatre is located along Margaret Street, in the lower north shore suburb of Woolwich. The heritage-listed building was originally St John's Anglican Church, designed by Cyril Blacket and built in 1908 in the Victorian Free Gothic architectural style. The Hunters Hill Theatre began in 1930 and staged productions in various locations including the Town Hall, church halls and little Stables Theatre. In 1978 they found a permanent home in the timber church hall behind St John's until 1993 when it was destroyed by a fire lit by vandals. In 1995, it took over the deconsecrated St John's Church.