The First Fleet Bicentennial Monument stands in Cook Park, on the foreshore of Botany Bay, in the southern suburb of Brighton-Le-Sands. It was sculpted in bronze by Victor Cusack in 1988 to commemorate the arrival of the First Fleet in Botany Bay in 1788 and the first Europeans settlers in Australia. The names of all those new arrivals are engraved on this monument flanked by a couple of old cannons. There were originally four cannons located here in 1900 from the navy vessel HMS Wolverine, built in 1863 and flagship of the Australian Squadron 1876-1881. One of those cannons now stands outside the Rockdale City Council administration building and another cannon is south along the bay at Sans Souci.