The Eddy Avenue Steel Tram Underbridge is loacted in the inner city suburb of Haymarket. It carries the light rail line over Eddy Avenue up to the Sydney Terminal Building at Central railway station. It was built in 1923 and was originally used by trams turning into and from Elizabeth Street. The office buildings in the background are along that street in Surry Hills. The trams ceased operating in 1958 but the Sydney Light Rail line began operating in 1996.