The Myer Department Store is bounded by George Street, Market Street and Pitt Street. The heritage listed group of seven buildings includes this building on the corner of Market Street and Pitt Street. This Pitt-Market building is the oldest building in the group, while the original "Farmer & Co" Department Store was built along George Street in 1930. In 1976 the name of the store was changed to Myer but in 1983 it was acquired by Grace Bros. It was rebranded under the Myer name again in 2004. After a major refurbishment in 1999, the flagship Myer store occupies five levels, above two levels of the Sydney Central Plaza shopping centre, now part of Westfield Sydney. The Swissôtel Sydney and Tower Apartments sit above the development.