The Column Garden in Centennial Park is named for two, nine metre high Corinthian sandstone columns. The columnsoriginally flanked the front entrance of the Australian Museum, known as the Lewis Wing on William Street. They were dismantled and moved to Centennial Park where they were then used as the base for two statues. The statues were manufactured in 1888 by Villeroy and Boch, the famous Luxembourg pottery company. "Sunset" is a female figure draped in a cloak from head to feet. The other statue is "Sunrise", a standing female figure with a baby boy on a half orb.