The heritage listed Kogarah School of Arts is located on the corner of Bowns Road and Queens Avenue, in the southern suburb of Kogarah. The Victorian Italianate style building was opened in 1887 and restored in 1990. The two storey school was used for various art classes and technical education. The hall at the rear was used for theatrical performances, concerts, tea meetings, balls. Part of the building was used by the local council for the council chambers until 1912 and a portion housed the local library.