This building stands in Bridgewater Park, beside Iron Cove, in the inner west suburb of Rozelle. It was constructed in 1934 as the pump house for the former Balmain Power Station. Cool water was drawn in from the river and pumped up to the station using electronically driven pumps. The water was used to cool the condensers and was then pumped back into the river. The power station was constructed in 1909 and supplied electricity to the local area until it was decommissioned in 1976.The power station was demolished and the land was redeveloped into residential apartments and this park along the foreshore.