The Bank Building is located along Science Road on the University of Sydney campus, in the inner city suburb of Camperdown. This heritage listed building was originally designed by John Frederick Hilly and built in 1854. Its design was altered by Professor Leslie Wilkinson in 1923-1924 when it incorporated the facade of the former Commercial Banking Company's branch, located on the corner of George Street and Barrack Street in the city. Built in the Victorian Italianate architectural style, it was donated to the university. It now houses a post office and is part of the Faculty of Pharmacy.