The Gardener’s Lodge Cafe is located on the grounds of Victoria Park, in the inner city suburb of Camperdown. The Gardener’s Lodge was designed by James Barnet and built in 1885 in the Victorian Gothic Revival architectural style. The gate on the corner of City Road and Parramatta Road provided a grand main entrance to the University of Sydney and the lodge was the former home of the university's groundskeeper, who tended the sweeping lawns and gardens surrounding the campus. In 1911, ownership passed to the City of Sydney and the building was converted into public toilets, which closed in the mid-1980s. The building was restored in 2012 and reopened as a cafe.