Pumphouse is a pub located along Little Pier Street at Darling Harbour. It was originally designed and built as Hydraulic Pumping Station No.1 in 1891 in the Italianate Baroque architectural style for the Sydney and Suburban Hydraulic Power Company. Water was pumped from Sydney's water supply and stored in a large water tank (which can still be seen in the historic bar). The water was then pumped across the city to variuous buildings which utilised the water under pressure as a source of power. In 1975 it was restored to become the Pumphouse Brewery and Tavern, selling boutique, craft and house brew beers.