These monuments are located in a small reserve along Powell Street, in the inner city suburb of Waterloo, beside a new residential development called Mondrian Apartments. Waterloo was developed by small businesses in light industry such as tanning and wool scouring in the late nineteenth century. It remained an industrial suburb throughout the twentieth century. Luke Muras and Company, a blacksmithing and engineering firm, built a factory on this site in 1915. The elements of a truss roof from this building, which was demolished in 2001, are displayed here to commemorate the association of light industry with the suburb.