Gladesville Bridge carries Victoria Road over the Parramatta River, between the suburbs of Drummoyne and Huntleys Point. Gladesville Bridge is a four-box pre-stressed concrete arch with a span of 305 metres. When it opened in 1964 it was the longest reinforced concrete arch span in the world. This bridge replaced an old two lane swing span iron bridge that had been built in 1881, which itself had replaced a ferry service that ran across the river. The new bridge was originally designed with six lanes but was expanded to eight lanes in the 1970s. This view is from the Gladesville Bridge Marina, located beside Five Dock Point at Drummoyne.