Foundation Park is located between Gloucester Walk and Playfair Terrace at the Rocks. It features the ruins of houses that were built into a sandstone cliff face from 1874 to 1878. The narrow multi-level houses had been demolished by the 1940s and became a small park in 1972. After archaeological excavation in the 1990s, parts of the original dwellings were brought back to life with low dividing walls and steel furniture designed by sculptor Peter D. Cole. The rooms were no larger than 3 metres by 3 metres which would have been quite cramped with furniture.