Thursday 17 October 2013

World Square, Art and About Sydney

World Square currently features two art installations as part of Art and About Sydney, a festival of art in unusual places. The giant blue snail sculpture stands in the middle of the main shopping centre square "Snailovation" are brightly coloured snails that were created by the Cracking Art Group and have been installed around the city. "Airing Our Dirty Laundry" is an art installation by Alphabet Studio that hangs above the square. It's made up of pieces of classic white laundry hanging on clothes lines, with confessional statements and private thoughts, revealing quirky obsessions and secrets people instinctively try to suppress.

12 comments:

  1. Superb seeing all that washing hanging around but you gota love the blue snail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photo. Seems like it's the perfect time to be in Sydney now.

    Mersad
    Mersad Donko Photography

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the one that says "I failed my driving test 5 times." Great capture with all the creative clothing art hanging from the lines. genie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of those art projects look great. Airing dirty laundry is funny. Everyone has a few secrets.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh love this art installation, esp the airing the dirty laundry part.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just LOVE that dirty laundry exhibit! Very cool! The snails are awesome, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't trust people who are nervous around cats! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The shirt with "I failed my driving test 5 times" makes me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Certainly a unique form of sign!

    Thanks for your visit and comment on my signs.

    ~Lindy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave me a message. Jim.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...