The Palm House is located in the Royal Botanic Gardens. It was erected in 1876 and is the oldest glasshouse in New South Wales. It is now used for exhibitions and as a function centre. It recently hosted an art exhibit called "Animal, Vegetable, Mineral?" which brought together the work of three artists who share a pleasure in drawing the natural world.