A water pumping station is located along the railway line, at the end of Carrington Road, in the inner west suburb of Marrickville. The heritage listed site features the sewage pumping station, the former engineer's house, boiler house and chimney. It was built in 1900 in the Federation Romanesque architectural style. It is one of the oldest sewage pumping stations still in active service in the Sydney Water system and has the dual function of carrying sewage and stormwater. It was formerly powered by a coal fired boiler which is why it required a chimney stack.