Monday 1 May 2023

Museum of Contemporary Art, P.P.F. (Past-Present-Future) (Theme Day: Museums)

The Museum of Contemporary Art features temporary commissioned murals on the wall of the Circular Quay foyer. "P.P.F. (Past-Present-Future)" was created by Vincent Namatjira in 2021. The indigenous artist has assembled seven figures significant to his life and practice in a large-scale ‘heroes narrative’. The work is semi-autobiographical with each of the men represented on the wall having inspired him and remind him of who he is.

9 comments:

  1. God one for the museum theme and I also like the theme of the mural.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea for the mural. Boxing, music, horses, and more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this mural! When I used to deliver groceries and food in Denver, there were all sorts of murals celebrating Latino culture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My world traveling friends were just there last week. They described a great museum.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so different from everything else.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave me a message. Jim.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...