Wednesday 31 May 2023

Woolloomooloo, Sculpture Walk


This sculpture was located along the boardwalk in the inner city suburb of Woolloomooloo, with Sydney Tower in the distance. 'Kin' was created by artist Edison Chen. The idea of the sculpture takes inspiration from Kintsugi, a Japanese style of art that uses gold, silver, or platinum to repair broken pottery. The Woolloomooloo Sculpture Walk is an annual exhibition of Australian contemporary sculpture which was here until May 30 2023, hosted by ARTPark Australia.
Linked to: Wordless WednesdayMy Corner of the World, Communal Global.

8 comments:

  1. I think the cracks light up at night...maybe? Covid has really messed with my brain. #WednesdayAroundtheWorld

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do. There's a good photo in the link. I didn't get a chance to return at night.

      Delete
  2. Striking.
    Thanks for joining us at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2023/05/on-retreat.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a really nice one. I like the style.
    Thank you for telling us about Kintugi. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave me a message. Jim.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...