Yarra Bay House is located on Yarra bay, in the suburb of Phillip Bay. It was built in 1903 to house the workers of the Cable Station at La Perouse. After the Cable Station became obsolete in 1917, it became home to various government departments including the Director of Public Instruction (later the Education Department) and the Department of Youth and Community Services. The title was given to the local Aboriginal Land Council in 1985. This building with an Aboriginal flag painted on one of the walls, needs some restoration.